Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lenten Success

Tuesday's Tip

With the season of Lent upon us, we are encouraged to give something up that we love and take on something new in our lives as tests of will power in an effort to become better. With food being such a big part of our lives, a lot of people find themselves giving up their favorite food item. 

I am giving up candy. I love candy so much and eat it very regularly (most of the time in acceptable portions), so it is going to be quite the undertaking. I am going to set myself up for success, though, by getting rid of the candy in my house that would tempt me. Instead, I will make sure other forms of sweets are available to make it easier to not break my promise for the Lenten season. 

It isn't as difficult to walk by a bag of candy in the grocery store as opposed to in the pantry. I encourage you to rid your homes of the items you are giving up so you only have to focus your energy on staying clear of those items when you are out. It will be difficult enough to express will power without those cherished items in arm's length. 

This is a great strategy for jump starting your healthy living as well. We are less likely to jump in the car and drive to a store to satisfy our cravings, so if those items are out of your house, you are more likely to be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)