Friday, November 14, 2014

Fitness Tips from the Experts

Fit Day Friday

With fitness being a passion of mine, I am always seeking out new techniques from experts in the field. Time is precious, and I want to make sure that the time I am spending on exercising is providing optimal results so my time is spent efficiently. I recently started following a Fitness Rules on Twitter (@Fit_Rules) and have learned so many new exercises already. One strategy in particular applies to my love for running and how to ensure that my morning runs are providing the best cardio workout. They recently spoke with the Director of the Running Injury Clinic who said that changing the type of terrain you run on can really make a difference in muscle toning and strengthening. I usually run on concrete, so they suggest slowing incorporating a grass, sand, or clay trail into a portion of that run. A very important note to include is that adequate stretching before and after these new runs must be done to get those new muscles prepared and taken care of so as not to get injured. Check out the full article in Fitness Magazine here. Thanks Fitness Rules! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)