Monday, November 10, 2014

Half Birthday Celebration

Maniac Monday: Challenge- Girl Vs. Half Birthday Cake

Thanks to the Disney Classic Alice in Wonderland, celebrating a "very merry unbirthday" is totally acceptable. Now, although 364 days each year are technically our "unbirthdays" there is one of those days that warrants an even bigger celebration... YOUR HALF BIRTHDAY! 6 months have passed since the celebration of growing 1 year older with family and friends, and it is only another 6 months until you get to have another great celebration! Therefore, half birthdays are a pretty big deal. I have been trying to tell my loving mother of this fact for nearly my entire childhood and time so far into adulthood, but she just hasn't been able to understand the significance. Well, lucky for me, I was able to clearly convey the big deal status of half birthdays to my husband, and he went ALL OUT this year on my half birthday. On October 29, 2014, I came home to my all-time favorite cake- Publix's chocolate cake with chocolate pudding in between the layers and chocolate fudge frosting. This cake is bursting with chocolate flavor, so it comes as no surprise that it is my favorite cake in the entire world. The fun didn't stop there, though. While visiting the Publix bakery, he explained to the bakers the nature of the occasion, and they helped him create an AWESOME cake design that truly showcased my special day. They cut the cake in half and only decorated one half of the cake. Instead of saying "Happy Birthday Jackie", it said "Hap Birth Jac". I laughed out loud so hard and was smiling from ear to ear. We had a lovely celebration. Thanks for your help and creativity, Publix, and thanks for the great celebration, babe! Mom, don't worry, your real birthday celebrations have made up for the lack of half birthday celebrations, and I still love you very very much ;)







1 comment:

  1. I can't stop laughing!! NIce job, Seth!! You are too much, Jac!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)