Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sports Party Dinner

Healthy Hump Day Recipe

Wow, what a Super Bowl we all watched on Sunday! Congratulations to the New England fans out there. I think I cummulatively watched about 10 minutes of the game. I try to be a sports watching enthusiast, but I think my husband covers that enough for both of us. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, but I would rather be playing than watching. 


Anyway, did you throw a Super Bowl party? Something about watching sports makes me crave buffalo chicken. Do you know the feeling? Perhaps it is because bars typically have beer and chicken wing specials, and that is a common place to watch sports games. Regardless, those wings just aren't cooked in a healthy way, so I always feel guilty after indulging. There has to be a healthy way to create that same taste. Well, I found it! Using the perfect blend of spices, it is easy to replicate the taste without sacrificing your health. I am always skeptical about trying to "healthify" those kinds of classics, but even Seth said it tasted like the real deal. I served it next to sliced carrots and blue cheese just like the bar would. Now, careful how much dipping sauce you use or this healthy version can quickly turn very unhealthy.


I love this recipe because it contains ingredients that are almost always in your pantry which makes this the perfect meal for a busy day. Enjoy! Let me know what you think :)


Sports Bar Chicken Tenders


Ingredients

-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1 tbsp olive oil
-16oz chicken breast
-1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce (I used mild, but use more intense if you like really spicy)

Directions

1. Combine all spices in a small bowl.
2. Slice chicken breasts into strips.
3. Using your hands, massage the spices into each strip.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with oil.
5. Add chicken strips to the skillet and cook for 4min.
6. Flip chicken, turn heat to low, and add hot sauce.
7. Stir around the sauce continuously and cook for an additional 5min.
8. Serve with carrots and/or celery for a complete sports bar feel!


Combine spices in a small bowl
Slice chicken into strips

Work spices into chicken

Coat skillet with olive oil and heat over medium

Add chicken, flip, then add hot sauce and stir

Serve with veggies and dipping sauce for a true sports bar feeling



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)