Monday, April 28, 2014

Ghirardelli's Earthquake Challenge

Maniac Monday: Challenge- Girl Vs. The Earthquake

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop has become one of my favorite places to go. Even if I am not planning on going there but am just walking by to go to a different store, the lingering smell of the homemade waffle cones always pulls me in for at least a free sample and quick glance at the menu (which usually, then, leads to me getting some ice cream). It didn't help that I worked right next to Ghirardelli for nearly 2 years, but I do pride myself in the fact that I have tried each of their delicious menu items... EXCEPT FOR ONE. The Earthquake is labelled as a "family favorite", but my sweet tooth pushed me to order it all for myself. With 8 scoops of ice cream, 8 dollops of whipped cream on top of each scoop, 8 cherries on top of each dollop, nuts, hot fudge, strawberry topping, and bananas, this was going to be my biggest sweets challenge yet. BRING IT ON! I had a great group of friends come cheer me on (or see if I could actually finish this ridiculous amount of ice cream). The server, Mike, also was encouraging and kept adding more chocolate to my "prize bag" if I finished (despite his extreme doubts). What was the the most difficult thing about the challenge? THE BANANAS! Who would have thought the healthiest part of that colossal sundae would be the hardest part? We had the manager come out to judge who the winner was, and in the battle between Girl Vs. The Earthquake, GIRL WON!



Arrived at the scene of the challenge ready to go!


Placing my order


The Earthquake has arrived! Let the battle begin!
Halfway in and still going strong!
So close, yet so far... At a rough point in the challenge
Received some strategy suggestions from my support group!
DONE!!!
Our amazing server Mike!


The official Girl Vs. Sweets Cheer Squad. LOVE YOU ALL!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)