Monday, January 26, 2015

Lollicakes

Maniac Monday: Challenge- Girl Vs. Cake Pops

I have a very special relationship with my mom. We never went through the typical I-hate-my-mom-because-I-am-a-teenager phase, talked nearly every day when I was in college, and still talk nearly every day despite our busy lives. Beyond the mother-daughter relationship we have, I consider her one of my best friends as well. We both felt like we needed some girl time recently and decided to plan a weekend where we leave our wonderful husbands behind and pamper ourselves, and that we did! We went to a lovely little Bed and Breakfast that is situated right on the Gulf of Mexico, and our room had an excellent view of that beautiful ocean and was just footsteps away. We watched chick flicks, laid out on the beach, walked up and down the coast, ate some delicious and fresh seafood, and of course had to indulge ourselves in chocolate. Did I mention that I get my chocolate obsession from her? Put the 2 of us together, and we need more chocolate than some bakeries are capable of holding.


My mom stopped on her way up at a bakery in Sarasota called The Lollicake Queen and picked up a variety of cake pops for us to sample. We had cookies and cream, pumpkin, and of course, chocolate chocolate. Do I really need to say which one was our favorite? It was a very close competition though! Each cake pop was perfectly shaped on top of a stick, coated in candy coating, and drizzled with a fun design that almost made them too cute to eat (emphasis on the almost). You have got to check this place out! Click here to go to the website and see what awesome things they have to offer.


After eating all of the cake pops on our first night, we both woke up the next morning wanting to go for a walk/run on the beach. You can't beat a morning sunrise over the ocean to motivate you to get moving and balance out those sweet treats! I can't wait for our next girls weekend :)







Cookies and Cream!
Pumpkin! 
Chocolate chocolate!


Our delicious dinner


Inside of the lobby


Our spectacular view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me! You are too "sweet" ;)